Yesterday was my one year annivesary in MNC A. What a year.
I've learned much in theory and in practice. I've made friends. And I've been living on/off Miri for a year.
I've learned that to be a consultant, one must believe and uphold the perfect process, although what goes on around you is far from perfect. I've learned that projects must have well-defined objectives & goals, or else your hard work amounts to nothing. I've learned that the most important part of managing change is accountability & sustainability. I've learned that staying together with colleagues in service apartments are more fun than housemates during uni days, because you don't have to argue about chores and cooking. I've also learned that working away from home has a subtle but deep impact onto my social life, because friends will always assume I'm not around.
I sat a Fokker to Labuan. I drove a Wira, Waja, Persona & Myvi. I presented regularly in front of 30 people. I jumped off an 8m platform. I traversed the South China Sea in various helicopters. I experienced life aboard gas-production platforms, complete with 6 meals a day. I jogged on a helideck. I laughed at cold jokes. I had the best sashimi in Brunei. I got upgraded to Enrich Silver. I sang & snooker-ed in dark pubs. I lost a part of myself.
4 months down the road is supposed to be the ending, a new beginning. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now.
i tink i kinda miss ya
ReplyDelete