Smiles and congratulations, when gossip turned fact
Blush on her face, pride in his eyes
Friends and family gather round
Once in a lifetime
Perfect like a well-baked cheesecake
The icing, was quite a story
Romance flickering like a light bulb
‘On / Off’, became a permanent switch
Time goes by like wind
Joy and glee become the theme
Warm embraces and firm hugs in the mornings
Kisses ashowering and sweet talks in the evenings
There there, boredom ensues
The cheesecake starts to crumble
Unbeknownst, not even to them
The colour of the surface was tainted from the first day
Was it the pressure
Was it the guilt
Was it the familiarity
That disguised love
Slowly they disintegrate, the hearts sway
The perfect union turns into a party
The day comes, voices turn to barks
Reason and pride go out the window
You do everything for me, even if I don’t ask you too
Make up your mind, take your stand
We are not perfect, like you once said
I will leave now, if you permit so
What am I to do, without you
You said you love me, and I believed it so
All that I’ve done, is up in smokes
A try-out, a trial run, was that me in the farm
Blush on her face, pride in his eyes
Friends and family gather round
Once in a lifetime
Perfect like a well-baked cheesecake
The icing, was quite a story
Romance flickering like a light bulb
‘On / Off’, became a permanent switch
Time goes by like wind
Joy and glee become the theme
Warm embraces and firm hugs in the mornings
Kisses ashowering and sweet talks in the evenings
There there, boredom ensues
The cheesecake starts to crumble
Unbeknownst, not even to them
The colour of the surface was tainted from the first day
Was it the pressure
Was it the guilt
Was it the familiarity
That disguised love
Slowly they disintegrate, the hearts sway
The perfect union turns into a party
The day comes, voices turn to barks
Reason and pride go out the window
You do everything for me, even if I don’t ask you too
Make up your mind, take your stand
We are not perfect, like you once said
I will leave now, if you permit so
What am I to do, without you
You said you love me, and I believed it so
All that I’ve done, is up in smokes
A try-out, a trial run, was that me in the farm
(to be continued… quite exhausting emotions even before the guilt comes in)
Inspiration after watching Ingmar Bergman’s Scenes from a Marriage (1973), the BEST character study of relationships, especially marriages, that I’ve ever seen. Screw the recent Little Children, this classic has the two leads bouncing off each other with non-stop dialogue, the odd and awkward pauses, the emotions seen through the eyes, and the fiery passion that engulfs their weak souls. Brilliant, that I didn’t feel a nudge wink throughout its 167 mins of Swedish dialogue. In other news, I successfully manoeuvred myself through Accenture Malaysia’s interview here in Manchester. Now awaiting Senior interview to be done most likely when I get back, IF my luck here runs out.
FOOD IMAGERIES
ReplyDelete1. I once made an art piece called "Butterflies and Apple Pies" because the girl was sitting on a McD apple pie cover and she had butterflies all over her head. Haha.
2. My Best Friend's Wedding
Julianne and Kim's conversation at the tea party after the wedding is called off:
J: You're Michael and you're in a fancy French restaurant. You order crème brûlée for dessert. It's beautiful. It's sweet. It's irritatingly perfect. Suddenly, Michael realises he doesn't want crème brûlée. He wants something else.
K: What does he want?
J: Jell-O.
K: Jell-O?! Why does he want Jell-O?!
J: Because he's comfortable with Jell-O! Jell-O makes him comfortable.
K: I could be Jell-O.
J: No, crème brûlée can never be Jell-O! You could never be Jell-O!
K: I have to be Jell-O!
J: You're never gonna be Jell-O!